Hello! I’m Carly Jean.
Storyteller | Crazy Cat Lady | World Traveler | Mocha Sipper | Boba Drinker | Thrift Shopper | Pun Maker
I want to make the experience of getting your photo taken as relaxed and enjoyable as possible. This can sometimes mean bringing out my inner dork to get you to laugh at my expense, but for the most part I’ll gently guide you to interact naturally with your sweetheart as you leave the rest to me! My work is a combination of bright and airy portraiture with pops of color meshed with a photojournalistic approach.
I was born & raised in the San Francisco Bay Area & shoot primarily in Northern California. Though I love that I still call it home, travel has a big piece of my heart & I’m always down to do more of it! I’ve been blessed to visit 12+ countries serving as a missionary & photographer in developing nations, resulting in a passion to use my business to give back and love on those those in need overseas! That’s why 5% of every single wedding & 10% of every single portrait session booked with me goes to an organization or ministry that I have personally visited. It’s also why I have a huge passion for traveling not just globally but also to gorgeous stateside locations with a destination wedding vibe!
While I absolutely adore shooting weddings of ALL kinds, my dream is to shoot the most intimate weddings in the most epic locations with the most laid back couples who share my heart for love! If ya smell what I’m cookin’, let’s make some magic.
Things I love:
- Weddings | Duh. But seriously, I’m obsessed (not to mention the food is usually amaze).
- Puns & Abreevs | Puns because, always. Abreevs because isn’t that how all Californians speak?
- Starbucks peppermint mochas | Year round, baby!
- Cats and kittens and furry things that say “meow.” | Crazy cat lady, at your service. Don’t underestimate my love for felines.
- Boba milk tea | Try it once and you’ll hate it. Try it four times and you’ll start craving it. Chocolate or rose milk tea with grass jelly please!
- Thrifted clothes & Fair Trade anything | At least 75% of my wardrobe is thrifted. Call me a hippie, but I care a lot about where my purchases comes from, so I do what I can to minimize the impact they make on a global scale. Plus, shopping for thrifted finds is always an adventure!
- Neutral colors | The more boring, the better! I get pumped when I see a white wall on the street, and will probably pull over to make you pose for a photo by it.
Shoot me a message (pun intended!) with your vision for the Big Day. From there we can get to know each other (hopefully over coffee;) and talk details for your continuing love story.
Photos © Marissa Kay Photography