Hi, I’m Carly
Here’s a bit about me!
I grew up in the beautiful San Francisco Bay Area and I love that I still call it home. I work with natural light and photograph weddings primarily in Northern California (though I love to travel)! My interest in photography began at the age of ten, after playing around with my mother’s camera. I shot my first wedding right out of high school and last year I made the decision to pursue my photography business full time (yay)! My style ranges from warm, airy portraits with pops of color to more documentary-based work. I see life unfold in photographs and do my best to capture beauty, truth and love through my lens.
After graduating from California College of the Arts, I spent 11 months traveling to 11 different countries on a missions trip called World Race. Not only did it open my eyes, break me and shape me, it birthed a new passion to document people and cultures from around the world— something I plan on continuing to pursue in addition to shooting weddings in my homeland! This year, I’m excited to be introducing a branch of my business that will help benefit some of the ministries and organizations I worked with overseas. Check out my Impact page for more info!
Things I love:
- Weddings | Duh. But seriously, I’m obsessed (not to mention the food is usually amaze).
- Puns & Abreevs | Puns because, always. Abreevs because isn’t that how all Californians speak?
- Starbucks peppermint mochas | Year round, baby!
- Cats and kittens and furry things that say “meow.” | Crazy cat lady, at your service. Don’t underestimate my love for felines.
- Boba milk tea | Try it once and you’ll hate it. Try it four times and you’ll start craving it. Chocolate or rose milk tea with grass jelly please!
- Thrifted clothes & Fair Trade anything | At least 75% of my wardrobe is thrifted. Call me a hippie, but I care a lot about where my purchases comes from, so I do what I can to minimize the impact they make on a global scale. Plus, shopping for thrifted finds is always an adventure!
- Neutral colors | The more boring, the better! I get pumped when I see a white wall on the street, and will probably pull over to make you pose for a photo by it.
I would love to talk to you about your wedding or other photography needs! Shoot me a message (pun intended!) letting me know your vision for the Big Day and from there we can discuss details and build a friendly business relationship. I also love meeting with my engaged couples in person for coffee! You can email me at email@example.com or send a message through the contact page and I’ll be in touch soon.
Photos © Marissa Kay Photography